SKIN Medical Spa is a leader in San Francisco for BOTOX® and Dysport® injections. As one of the oldest medical spas in San Francisco, we have treated thousands of patients with great results. All of our injectors have years of extensive training and experience to ensure the absolute best results.
Dr Colvin has been a certified injector trainer for Medicis Pharmaceutical (maker of Dysport® and Restylane) and continues to train physicians and nurses in San Francisco and northern California for Allergan Cosmetics (maker of BOTOX® and Juvederm). His passion is to give the patient a natural aesthetically pleasing look.
What is Botox®?
BOTOX® is an FDA-approved cosmetic treatment for fine lines and wrinkles. It works by relaxing the facial muscles that create wrinkles, leaving smoother skin and softening facial lines. You’ll look years younger!
Benefits of Botox® treatment
Not only is BOTOX® used to remove wrinkles, this treatment is also effective for severe underarm sweating, also known as hyperhydrosis. Effects can typically last 6 months or longer when used for hyperhydrosis.
Common areas treated
- Glabellar (between the eyes)
- Crows feet (around the eyes)
- Underneath the eye
- Around the mouth
Is Dysport® different from Botox®?
Dysport is a smaller-sized molecule so its unit measurement is different than Botox.
Botox and Dysport are very similar. Both are a type of botulinum type A used to relax the muscles that cause frown lines and other over active muscles of the face, like forehead lines and crows feet. Some of the main differences are:
- Dysport may not last as long as Botox
- Dysport has a slightly quicker onset (2-5 days vs 4-7 days for Botox)
- Dysport spreads to a wider area. This is an advantage in some areas of the face and a disadvantage in others
- You need more Dysport to get the same result as Botox.
How Does BOTOX® Work?
These neuromodulators work by relaxing the facial lines that create wrinkles, leaving the skin looking smoother and younger. It also prevents new lines from forming by blocking muscle contractions beneath the skin that causes wrinkles to form. Without these muscle contractions, your skin appears smoother and more youthful.
Everyones onset of action may be slightly different, but results begin to show in a couple of days and develop gradually over the course of two weeks. Results will vary but BOTOX® and Dysport® will typically last 3-4 months. A shorter duration may be seen in individuals with more prominent facial muscles.
Botox® Side Effects
You may notice slight redness and swelling at the injection site. This looks similar to a mosquito bite and usually resolves in 5-10 minutes. Small bruises are possible but not frequent.
How is BOTOX® priced?
How much do I need?
Can anyone get BOTOX® or Dysport®?
Is there a difference between the injections for men and women?
Is it reversible?
SKIN Medical Spa BOTOX® / Dysport® Rewards Program
We would like to reward our loyal BOTOX® / Dysport® clients with this fabulous new program.
Here are the Details:
- Receive any BOTOX® or Dysport® treatment within 4 months of your last visit (18 weeks or less) and you will get 10% OFF.
- This is an ongoing program, and as long as you receive 3-4 treatments per year, or 12-18 weeks apart you will receive this fabulous discount.
- This new program CAN be combined with the following for additional discounts:
- Allergan’s Brilliant Distinctions Program
- BOTOX® or Dysport® manufacturer rebates
- Client referral credits
- This program CANNOT be combined with the following:
- Any additional specials, promos, or discounts.
- Any vouchers or deals
Register for the Brilliant Distinctions® Rewards Program, access your account and learn how to earn points, review your points and reward history, and create and redeem coupons for instant savings, all with this easy-to-use app!