Eclipse PRP is a Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) kit based on blood separation by density. With the Eclipse PRP system, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is prepared by taking a small sample of the patient’s blood. Then, the platelets are separated via centrifugation. The PRP is collected and can be applied to the treated site. The preparation process is very quick, taking up to only 20 minutes.
What is Platelet-Rich-Plasma (PRP)?
Platelet-Rich-Plasma or PRP is a concentrated preparation of platelets as well the the growth factors in small volume of plasma. Platelets are a natural source of growth factors in their biologically-determined ratios.
How is PRP Harvested?
- Using the Eclipse PRP kit, your practitioner will draw a small amount of blood, similar to what is required for a basic lab test.
- The tube is placed into a centrifuge that spins at a high speed. The speed causes the platelets to separate from other components of the blood.
- Once the platelets are concentrated, they can be applied to the patient.
Platelet Growth Factors
When activated, platelets will release growth factors and other molecules. These molecules help regulate inflammation and cell proliferation These growth factors include the following:
- Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF): Promotes collagen growth and proteoglycan synthesis
- Transforming Growth Factor group (TGF): Promotes angiogenesis, involving the synthesis of new blood vessels
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF): Promotion of epithelial cell growth, promotion of wound healing
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF): Growth of blood vessels from pre-existing vasculature
- Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF): Promotes angiogenesis, granulation, epithelialization
How long does the PRP process take?
With the Eclipse PRP kit, the blood draw only takes a few minutes. The centrifugation takes 10 minutes to separate platelets. The time involved in the application depends based on the procedure being preformed. The amount of treatments needed depends on the patients individual needs.
Is PRP Safe?
Since PRP is produced from the patients own blood, there is virtually no risk of rejection or allergic reaction.
Schedule a Consultation
To learn more about Eclipse PRP and how it can benefit you, call (415) 409-6500 to schedule a consultation. SKIN Medical Spa serves San Francisco, CA and surrounding areas.